How Donations Are Used
USD 100: Total Cost of a Filter
USD 60: Biosand water filter cost
USD 20: Transportation & water testing cost
USD 10: Crowdfunding platform fee
USD 10: MAD fee
Breaking it down
- Each filter costs USD 100 and is capable of supporting a family of 5.
- USD 60 goes towards the cost of constructing the filter which includes the cost of cement, gravel, river sand and the cost of technicians to install the filter.
- USD 20 goes towards the cost of transporting the filter to the villages, the cost of water testing and monitoring the filter's long term performance which is a crucial part of ensuring long term sustainability.
- USD 10 (approximately) goes toward payment processing fees and service fees charged by SimplyGiving, the online crowdfunding platform.
- USD 10 goes to MAD to cover the cost of ensuring the project is implemented properly. We monitor the progress of the project and send you GPS coordinates of your filters once they have been installed. We charge our implementing partners a 10% fundraising fee which helps us stay sustainable so that we can empower more people to get involved in making a difference. We only collect this fee from our partner after the funds have been raised.